UT Board of Trustees Holds Annual Meeting June 22-23 in Knoxville
June 15, 2011
KNOXVILLE -- The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will meet June 22-23 in Knoxville.
The full board's annual meeting will begin at 1:30 p.m., Thursday, June 23, in the Hollingsworth Auditorium in the Ellington Plant Sciences Building on the UT Agriculture Campus.
The meeting will be webcast live and archived for later viewing. For a link to the webcast, go to www.tennessee.edu.
Agenda items include:
- Election of the chair and vice chair of the board
- President's annual report
- FY 2012 operating budget, student tuition and fees and compensation guidelines
- Committee and committee chair appointments
- President's annual performance goals for 2011-2012
- President's recommendation for election and compensation of the chancellor of the institute of agriculture
- Revision of campus rules under the Tennessee Uniform Administrative Procedures Act
- UT-Erlanger Faculty practice plan
- Long range master plan for UT Knoxville
- Naming of the UT Martin golf center
- Affiliation and services agreement between UT and the UT Foundation Inc.
- Tenure recommendations
- New admission requirements for all campuses
- New admission requirements for UTC
- UT Knoxville strategic plan "VOL Vision 2015: The Pursuit of Top 25"
- Proposal for a program of study leading to the doctor of social work
- Merger of two departments in the College of Veterinary Medicine
- UT Knoxville faculty handbook revisions regarding non-tenure-track faculty appointments
- Diploma to commemorate the 125th anniversary of UTC
- Use of Knoxville campus quasi-endowment fund for debt service and other operational costs of Volunteer Hall
- FY 2012 distribution of UC Foundation funds
- Extension of UTC regional tuition rate program for undergraduates for 2011-12
- Extension of UTC regional tuition rate program for graduates students for 2011-12
Various board committees will meet June 22-23. All meeting will be held in Hollingsworth Auditorium. Here is a schedule of their meetings:
Wednesday, June 22
- 10:30 a.m. – Trusteeship Committee
- 11:30 a.m. – Executive and Compensation Committee
- 1:15 p.m. – Advancement and Public Affairs Committee
- 3:30 p.m. -- Research, Outreach and Economic Development Committee
Thursday, June 23
- 8:00 a.m. – Academic Affairs and Student Success Committee
- 10:15 a.m. – Finance and Administration Committee
- 1:30 p.m. – Full board
The meeting's full agenda and materials will be posted at http://bot.tennessee.edu.
Anyone with a disability who wishes to attend these meetings may contact one of the individuals listed below to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by e-mail, by telephone or otherwise and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT, Monday, June 20.
Gina Stafford, (865) 974-0741, email@example.com
Elizabeth Davis, (865) 974-5179, firstname.lastname@example.org