UT Board of Trustees Holds Annual Meeting June 23-24 in Knoxville
June 16, 2010
KNOXVILLE -- The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will meet June 23-24 in Knoxville.
The full board's annual meeting will begin at 1:15 p.m. EDT, Thursday, June 24, in the Hollingsworth Auditorium in the Ellington Plant Sciences Building on the UT Agriculture Campus.
The meeting will be webcast live and archived for later viewing. For a link to the webcast, go to http://www.tennessee.edu/.
Agenda items include:
- Remarks by the Chair, Gov. Phil Bredesen
- President's Annual Report
- Report on UT Knoxville Quest for Top-25 Status
- FY 2011 Operating Budget, Student Tuition and Fees and Compensation Guidelines
- Reports on Planning for FY 2012 Operating Budget (post-ARRA)
- Recommendation of Bylaw Amendment Changing Title of Vice President for Agriculture to Chancellor of the University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture
- Recommendation of Bylaw Amendment Revising Responsibilities of the President with Respect to Intercollegiate Athletics
- Recommendation of a Compensation Package for the Next President
- Vice Chair's Recommendations Concerning the Presidential Search
Other items to be discussed in committees include:
- Approval of Establishment of Haslam Torch Investment Fund
- Approval of Pilot Regional Tuition Rate Program for Contiguous Out-of-State Counties (UTM)
- Approval of Extension of Regional Tuition Rate Program for Undergraduate Students from Contiguous Out-of-State Counties (UTC)
- Approval of Academic Program Consolidations (UTC)
- Approval of Doctor of Nursing Practice Programs (UTC and UTK)
- Approval of Creation of the Department of Public Health (UTK)
Committee meetings schedule:
Wednesday, June 23
- 9:30 a.m. -- Executive and Compensation Committee, Plant Biotech, Room 160
- 10:30 a.m. -- Advancement and Public Affairs Committee, Plant Biotech, Room 156-157
- 12:45 p.m. -- Finance and Administration Committee, Plant Biotech, Room 156-157
- 3 p.m. -- Research, Outreach and Economic Development Committee, Plant Biotech, Room 160
Thursday, June 24
- 8:30 a.m. -- Academic Affairs and Student Success Committee, Plant Biotech, Room 156-157
- 10:30 a.m. -- Professional Development Program with Hon. Jim Geringer, chairman of the board of Western Governors University, and Bob Mendenhall, president of Western Governors University, Plant Biotech, Room 160
- 1:15 p.m. -- Full board, Hollingsworth Auditorium
To view the meeting's full agenda and materials, go to http://bot.tennessee.edu/.
Any individual with a disability who wishes to attend this meeting (whether in person or by webcast) may contact one of the individuals listed below to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by e-mail, by telephone or otherwise and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT, Monday, June 21.
Gina Stafford, Assistant Vice President and Director of Communications,
(865) 974-0741, email@example.com,
823 Andy Holt Tower, 1331 Circle Park, Knoxville, TN 37996-9580
Ellie Amador, Communication Coordinator,
(865) 974-1177, firstname.lastname@example.org,
P255 Andy Holt Tower, 1331 Circle Park, Knoxville, TN 37996-0100