Resources for Campus Administrators
Academic Programs and Planning Committee: UT Board of Trustees
- 29 — Deadline for academic program proposals 1 and Faculty Handbook revisions for Fall Trustee Meeting
- 5 — Deadline for submission of action items 2 for Fall Board of Trustees Meeting
- 12 — Deadline for submission of information items3 for Fall Trustees Meeting
- 22 — Board Advance
- 24 — Fall Board of Trustees Meeting in Knoxville
- 20— Tennessee Higher Education Commission Fall Quarterly Meeting
- 2— Deadline for academic program proposals1 and Faculty Handbook revisions for Winter Trustee Meeting
- 9— Deadline for submission of action items2 for Winter Board of Trustees Meeting
- 16 — Deadline for submission of information items3 for Winter Board of Trustees Meeting
- TBA— THEC Winter Meeting and Joint meeting w/SBE
- 27— Winter Board of Trustees Meeting in Memphis
- 16— Deadline for annual academic program proposals1 & Faculty Handbook revisions
- 23 — Deadline for Recommendations for Tenure & Promotion
- 30 — Deadline for submission of action items2 for Annual Board of Trustees Meeting
- TBA — Tennessee Higher Education Commission Spring Quarterly Meeting
- 7— Deadline for submission of information items3 for Annual Board of Trustees Meeting
- 17— Annual Board of Trustees Meeting in Knoxville
- TBA — Tennessee Higher Education Committee Summer Quarterly Meeting
1. Academic Programs defined here as (1) new degree programs, including mergers if new degree is created, and (2) new majors, including merges. Changes in sub-majors (“options,” “concentrations,” etc.) are reported only for the Spring Meeting.
2. All other Action Items include such things as: campus role and scope statements, University-wide policy statements, changes in admissions requirements, termination of existing programs, creation of new academic units, faculty handbook changes, APA regulations, etc.
3. Information Items include such things as: departmental reorganizations/consolidations, renaming (not creating) of new units, academics, curricular matters which are within the purview of faculty (e.g., changes in name of programs in which program is not changed, acting title-holders), updates of five-year projections of proposals for new academic programs, student affairs initiatives, etc.