Task force for Effective Administration and Management
One of the core responsibilities of the UT System administration is to perform operations on behalf of UT’s campuses and institutes that would otherwise create duplication and additional costs if each entity performed the work independently. This approach saves the institutions, taxpayers and students significant costs.
The UT System has engaged Deloitte further to build out a business case for their “best practice” recommendations in the TEAM report. This phase is focused on HR, IT, and procurement and contracting.
Letter from CFO David Miller to TEAM Executive Members (PDF)
July 24, 2019
In an effort to clarify the roles and responsibilities between the University of Tennessee System administration and the campuses and institutes it serves, UT Interim President Randy Boyd has announced the creation of a Task force for Effective Administration and Management (TEAM).
Initially, the task force will explore five departments within institutional support:
- Capital Projects
- Communications and Marketing
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Procurement and Contracting
- David Miller, UT System, chief financial officer (chair)
- Richard Brown, UT Chattanooga, executive vice chancellor for administration (co-chair)
- Tonja Johnson, UT System, executive vice president and chief operating officer
- Chris Cimino, UT Knoxville, senior vice chancellor for finance and administration
- Petra McPhearson, UT Martin, vice chancellor for finance and administration
- Tony Ferrara, UT Health Science Center, vice chancellor and chief financial officer
- Tim Fawver, UT Institute of Agriculture, chief business officer
- Gail White, UT Institute for Public Service, budget director
Recommendations from the task force were presented to Boyd in June 2019.